Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing 16 - Wikis

What is a Wiki? That is exactly what I thought when I sat down in Dr. Bishop's LLLS 6336 class three weeks ago. I had no idea what one was or how to use one. Now that I know, I'm thinking I really could have used these when teaching my classes in previous years. I'll be a librarian next year, so I'll definitely be using information like this make things fun in the library. I particularly liked the teacherlibrarianwiki. There is tons of useful information on this wiki and is going to be very helpful to me. I also liked the BookLoversWiki created by Princeton Public Library. In looking through the categories, I had no idea there was a "Chic Lit" category. The books look like fun reads... Now that I feel more comfortable working with wikis, I will be using them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment