Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing 14 - Technorati

I first explored Technorati while completing Thing 9. I found it useful to search for library related material. As I previously posted, I searched library orientation videos and was able to view a few. I'm planning on coming up with my own library video for the beginning of the school year. Some things I liked about it were the news feeds and information. (Even though some of the news posted is scary.) Some things I disliked about it were that it seems like there are just random topics that seem to be popular. It is a good tool if you know what to look for and how to look for it. This would bring me to the importance of tags. Not only tagging information, but tagging it correctly, benefits the users and makes things just a little easier when your searching for something specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment