Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing 12 - Creating Community through Commenting

It is important to be able to communicate effectively if you choose to comment on a blog. The two most interesting topics on this "thing" were that the blogger should invite others to make comments. In doing this, the blogger needs to make sure that the information is appealing to read--in other words, the writing needs to be good and capture the audience. I find that as I am working through the "23 things" I am learning how to do this. The other topic that was interesting to me was being able to make a name for yourself as a blogger or a commenter. I understand that some people prefer to use an alias and there is a good reason why. In this day and age, people are paranoid about their identity. I think that if one chooses to use an alias it should be tasteful and inviting.
Upon searching for blogs that interested me, I stumbled upon a blog for kids activities and great information for moms. http://www.blisstree.com/playlibrary/ This has information from nutrition tips to back to school ideas. This is definitely something I would use. I also found the Money Coach's Blog at http://themoneycoach1.wordpress.com/. I was really looking for low cost vacation ideas, but this site looked interesting. There was information on buying cars, houses, and ways to save money. I'm really going to explore this one further.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the Play Library Blog. The postings are about stuff I can use at home and school. From there, I also navigated to the Baking Delights and Keeping the Castle blogs. These blogs, though not about library stuff, are very useful and full of recipes and tips. Thanks for finding them. I added them to my feed:)

    ReplyDelete