Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing 20 - YouTube, Teacher Tube

I explored YouTube first to see what I could find related to library characters. I came across tons of videos from Dr. Seuss films. My favorite is The Cat in the Hat Song from the film. I remember seeing this a long time ago and thoroughly enjoyed viewing it again. I would like to use this next year when we are celebrating Dr. Seuss. I think the students would really enjoy it!
Next, I explored TeacherTube. This site is great to get ideas and some inspiration for making some simple videos. I downloaded a video on Agent Codee Books, Library Agent. This was comical because this special agent is fighting to promote reading and literacy! This is a great idea for elementary or middle school librarians to come up with their own character and make a video series to teach students about libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment